The concept of debt insurance
You own your house!
Are you the owner of the insurance contract covering your mortgage payment in case of premature death, critical illness or disability?
With individually owned and tailored insurance, you and your family will be safe from unexpected events that could compromise your financial security.
Our 3-in-1 protection is an affordable alternative to coverage offered by financial institutions and allows you to:
- Tailor the protection to your needs
- Keep your contract even if you change financial institutions or financing modes
- Covers more than one loan or more than one financial institution
- Receive full benefits – even if you receive Group Insurance or government benefits
- Designate the beneficiary of your choice
Advantages HuGO Life Insurance
- Premium is based on your personal profile and won’t increase even if your health condition deteriorates
- Different insurance terms to meet your needs (T10, T15, T20, T25, T30)
- Renewal up to age 80
- Conversion to T100 before age 65, without any medical questions allows you to keep your coverage for other long-term needs
- Exchange privilege to a longer term between 1st and 5th year of the contract
- Additional riders available: waiver of premium, accidental death and dismemberment
If your life insurance is accepted without an exclusion or a rating for at least $100,000, automatically get an offer without any additional requirements:
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Disability Debt Insurance
This offer is valuable for you when considering that “48% of home foreclosures are due to the consequences of a critical illness”.Source: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
Advantages HuGO Critical Illness Insurance
- Non-taxable lump sum amount of $25,000
- 25 covered illnesses (including non-threatening cancer and loss of autonomy)
- Term will match your life insurance protection
- Four levels of services are available for you and your family members:
- Premium is based on your personal profile and won’t increase even if your health condition deteriorates.
Advantages HuGO Debt Insurance in Case of Disability
- Disability Insurance resulting from an accident or an illness
- Eligible monthly amount up to $1,500
- Waiting period 90 days, payable for 2 years
- Full-time students, stay at home or unemployed individuals are also eligible for coverage